Thursday, June 5, 2008

Old Lady Boobies

I have a gripe.

Occasionally an older woman will come into my store and want to try something on. They will stand in the dressing room, but they will not close the curtain. And then they will continue to talk to me, or ask for things so I end up seeing old lady boob. Gross. Sometimes they will be standing in the middle of the store and start taking off their shirts. WTF? Do we, with age, lose our modesty?

And really. Even if YOU (nameless old lady,) are comfortable with your bare (or bra-ed up) torso, I am not. So please, close the curtain. Keep you shirt on in the middle of the store. For my sake.

1 comment:

Dating Wall of Shame said...

I agree, the "politics" around dressing rooms or bathrooms and continuing conversations is strange sometimes.

I think the basic rule should be: once you step into a dressing room or a bathroom stall, hit the pause button on the conversation - resume it when you're done.

I work in a running specialty store and we often have women trying on sports bras and tops and they ask for an opinion on how the item looks.

I don't generally have those conversations with my own sisters - never mind some stranger! I'm not anti-boobs - just anti-stranger boobs!