Monday, September 1, 2008

I hate weddings right now...

...really, I do. I think I love weddings, but then I have 9 in a summer and by the time we are 25% in, I hate them. The uncomfortable shoes, the bad food, the silly dancing, it is all bad. And they all run into one another.

The last one I'm standing up in is this upcoming Sunday. And holy crap will I be excited when it is OVER. I love my friend who is getting married like a sister. I am just so tired, and so stressed out. It is super stressful to be the Maid Of Honor! If anything goes wrong it is your fault. Not that anything has gone wrong yet, but I'm nervous because this is a completely DIY wedding. And communication has been lacking between parties.

Her Bachelorette party was this past weekend. It ended up being a combined party with her future hubby and his friends because that is what they wanted, but they got a lot of grief from people about it. Seriously? What the fuck for? It is THEIR party, not yours. So get over yourself. They (hopefully)will only get married once, and this is what they want. It's not like they asked everyone to pay for a trip to the Hamptons for the weekend, like other people I know. They just wanted a party at their house, followed by arcade games and booze at Dave & Busters, followed by a bar they like, followed by late night breakfast foods. Who cares if boys and girls are together? Grow the fuck up and save your comments. Brides and Grooms are so freaking stressed before their weddings. Bachelor & Bachelorette parties are supposed to be an escape from the stress for one night. Who are you to give them a hard time and pile on the stress? Grrr...
Ok. I think I'm done bitching now...

1 comment:

Erika Jean said...

I agree,give the people what they want!

One of my good friends is getting married this weekend (only the 2nd of all my friends, more to come I'm sure :-/) But I'm bummed I cant make it!!! I feel terrible, but that's the thing about doing it right after school. I've spent all my $ and moved to a different town. I'm a horrible friend. But she better come to mine. hahahahah.