Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sicky-Poo

My dad is in the hospital. I know he is going to be alright, but it is always nerve wracking. He has an infection and had to be taken to the ER last night in an ambulance because he couldn't get up. His fever was up to 103 when he got to the hospital, but when Mike and I were there this afternoon, it was back to normal. Which meant my dad got a little ornery because he wanted to go home, but the doctors wanted him to stay. They think he got an infection at the catheter site where he gets dialysis. So they went in after we left to take it out. They will let that heal for a day and then put in a new one on Friday.
I'm so glad Mike is on vacation so he could come with me. We spent the entire day together running around to my parents house to pick up stuff for my dad, and then to the hospital, and then to my store to pick up the printer and a few other things and then to Sam's Club, and back to my store to pick up my phone I left there by accident, and then home. Oh but then we realized we had to go to Best Buy for a few things so out we went again. In the snow. Today was by no means a pleasant day. But having Mike along with me made it so much better.

No comments: