Saturday, February 28, 2009

I am constantly amused by customers

I had a customer contact be through our website. She lives in Denver and had a friend buy her three shirts at the end of LAST SUMMER. She hung on to them for a few months thinking her friend might bring them back, and then she mailed them back to us. But she did so after we moved, so it was sent back to her. She tells me this long story about how she has now spent $12 in shipping and still has three shirts she can't wear, bla bla bla.

So I ask her if she spoke to someone at the store before she sent back the items and her response was, "I can’t remember……….." Which to me, means 'No'. She held onto these items for over 6 months, probably forgot she had them, and then tried sending them back when she found them.

So I sent her a message back basically saying that our return policy is clearly stated on our website (and on our receipts, which she had because she said she sent it along with the shirts) and she is well past the return period. So there isn't anything we can do for her anymore. Or, you know, there isn't anything we are willing to do for her. Why in the hell does she think that I'm going to take back shirts she has had for over six months? It is like people just don't understand how stuff works. Also, I'm highly amused by the fact that she tried making me feel bad that she spent $12 in shipping to send it back, when she never should have in the first place.

No comments: