Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm seriously exhausted...

...and yet... I'm not going to bed. Not out of protest or anything. I just don't feel like it yet. This weekend was both awesome and icky, and I'm letting some more awesome happen. Nothing special exactly, just spending time with Mike.

Friday we went to see I Fight Dragons.


Check out their Myspace page. Make sure to scroll down and watch all the videos so you can truly experience the AWESOMENESS that is IFD. It was WITHOUT QUESTION the best show I have seen in my life. And they are a local band. A local band that is about to explode. The show was at Martyrs, which is a pretty good size. They went on first. The place was packed and everyone was screaming and cheering like I've never seen at a local show. Including me, fyi. The show they put on is outstanding, as you can see in the videos. But they also have a screen off to the side that plays some awesome little clips and videos.

After they were done, we all (I was there with Mike, Joe, Keith, Troy and Karla) managed to meet everyone and hang out with them for a while. We went there on the mission to meet them and hang out with them. We also met their publicist (a local band with a publicist? Just one of the many things they are doing right.) Her name is Leah, and it turns she knows Brad Keil. Oh, did I say know him, I meant she actually converted with him!! How freaking nuts is that?!? We ended up hanging out with her all night and it was super fun.

So the crazy thing, is that this was IFD's THIRD show. Their third show and the place was packed. And virtually everyone was there for them. The place emptied out so much after they were done it was ridiculous. I felt bad for the two bands playing after them. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't be opening for anyone else.

Mike and I stayed out until 7:30am. Got home and passed out.

The next day I was a wreck all day. I woke up feeling sick and nauseous but assumed it was from the late night and heavy beverage consumption. I'm still feeling queezy though, so I think I might actually be coming down with something.

Today I met up with Joe. He brought his shop-vac and we got the carpet in the store looking like new. It is crazy you guys, the whole place is empty and it looks so strange. Then we grabbed some breakfast and he went home.

I had 3 hour band practice which went, alright. I was feeling so sick and I kept forgetting my key for a song that I can't forget my key in. Oh well. I eventually remember what I was supposed to be singing, but then something else about it was sounding off. I still haven't been able to figure out what it was but eventually whatever it was righted itself and we sounded good. We have a trumpet player sitting in for the Wednesday show at Elbo Room, and when we go into the studio next weekend. Her name is Kat and her presence means we have an actual horn SECTION. Which is super cool. She and Danny sound SO freaking awesome together it is INSANE. It is a shame she is too busy to join us full time. We also auditioned a guy for the empty base player position. He seemed cool and good. Not exceptional, but he was loads better than Kit after three minutes than she was after six months. So we will see.

I got a blister on my hand, so lets hope it heels before the show Wednesday. Anyone know a good blister remedy?

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited. I'm getting my hair cut on Tuesday. I'm not cutting it short. Just a trim along the bottom, but I'm also getting bangs. Honest to god bangs, not long bangs like I've had in recent history. I really need a change, and this will be less drastic than chopping all my hair off. I don't remember the last time I was so excited to get my hair cut. I might also get a streak or two of black in my hair. We'll see what my wallet and her schedule are like when I get there.

No comments: